Funeral Expenses & Related Costs
When a loved one passes not only is it a sad time but often it can be quite expensive.
With an unexpected cost of a funeral and all the related expenses in your budget making you need finance now, our online funeral loans application can get you some funds towards the bill. From emergency funeral loans to additional funeral finance to add to your existing funds, Loansmart has a loan solution that will work for you.
Losing a loved one or close friend is not something that we want to go through, but it does happen. And typically it’s never planned for – so if you’ve been put in a position to fund a funeral outright or contribute to one, we understand that you may need fast finance towards the funeral expenses. With that in mind, we know that the last thing you need to be doing during bereavement is to make appointments or fill out pages of forms.
With Loansmart you can apply for a funeral loan in minutes, get an affordable funeral payment plan, and have the funds transferred into your account in as little as 24 hours so that you can pay for the services you want for your loved one.
You may have read the recent article on Stuff.co.nz about families forgoing funerals to cut costs. Many families are finding it difficult to cover unexpected funeral costs which are said to range from $8,000 to $11,000. While grants were available for low-income families of up to $2,000, it simply wasn’t enough to cover even the most standard funeral. We’ve outlined the cost of having a funeral, plus some options you might want to consider to make sure you’re prepared.
How much does a funeral cost in New Zealand?
According to Citizens Advice Bureau, the average funeral cost can easily range between $8,000 and $10,000, with most of it having to be paid immediately. The table below shows just the basic necessities when paying for a funeral. Some of the costs you need to consider are:
- flights and accommodation for family members
- newspaper notices to inform friends of the deceased
- the burial plot or cremation fees
- the coffin or urn
- transporting the body, including hearse fees
- venue fees for the church or funeral home
- the celebrant’s or minister’s fee
- the organist’s (or other musician’s) fee
- catering for the reception afterwards
- presentations e.g. audio-visual gear for videos, slide shows or audio presentations
- printing costs for service programmes
- portrait of the deceased to be displayed during the service
- thank you cards to send to attendees after the service
- death certificate
It sure adds up 🙁
Our online loan application process is simple and takes only 5 minutes to complete – you can even apply on your phone or tablet.
Get your loan today: Apply online to help cover funeral expenses.
- Funeral expenses finance tailored to your needs
- Friendly, fast and efficient application and payments process, helping you when you don’t need any further stress
- Emergency funeral loans or top up an existing funeral fund
- Repayments to suit, fixed interest rates, and a dedicated loan account manager who understands what you’re going through
- Experienced funeral fund lender – Loansmart helps hundreds of families every year with funeral expenses
If you need to discuss your individual requirements, call us on 0800 255 155 – NB, it is easier if we receive your online application first before we chat, this gives us a quick overview of your circumstances.