Losing a loved one or close friend is not something you want to go through, but it does happen and typically it’s never planned for. Due to the unexpected nature of funerals, many people cannot afford the costs outright which range between $8,000 and $10,000. With Loansmart you can apply for a funeral loan in minutes, get an affordable funeral payment plan, and have the funds transferred into your account in as little as 24 hours, so that you can afford the service you want. Loansmart funeral loans help ease the burden of funeral expenses and save you time so you can focus on remembering and celebrating the life of your loved one.
- Rates from 8.95%*
- Approval in 1 – 2 hours*
- Same day payout*
- Easy, 100% online or phone process
- Friendly, experienced team
- Repayment terms of 6 months – 10 years*
- Secured & unsecured loans
What is a Funeral Loan?
Loansmart Funeral Loans are a form of Personal Loan you can take out to pay for any funeral expenses. If you’ve been put in a position to fund a funeral outright or contribute to one, we understand that you may need fast financial assistance to help with the unexpected cost of funeral arrangements. With that in mind, we know that the last thing you need to be doing during this emotional time is stressing about funeral finance, that’s why we offer fairer Funeral Loans with lower fees and interest rates.
What Do Funeral Loans Cover?
Our funeral loans can cover the entire funeral process including the cost of a funeral director, funeral ceremony, cremation cost or burial plot, and funeral home costs. Additionally, if you’ve already covered most of the funeral costs yourself we can help fund any additional funeral plans that may occur or unexpected funeral costs. Our Funeral Loans also cover memorial costs so you can remember your loved ones without the financial stress.
How Much Can I Borrow For Funeral Financing?
With our Funeral Loans you can borrow up to $30,000 for unsecured loans and up to $100,000 for secured loans. Our competitive Funeral Loan rates start from as low as 8.95%*.
What Are Your Loan Terms?
Our loan terms vary depending on your financial situation, as responsible lenders we want to ensure you can afford your monthly loan payments. Our minimum loan period is 6 months, and our maximum is 10 years. We can provide funeral loans to people in employment, who have regular income paid into their bank account and pass a credit check; it’s really that simple!
How Can I Apply?
Our online Funeral Loans application process can help ease the stress of arranging finance during a difficult time of loss. Simply apply for a same-day loan by 2pm and if approved the money will be in your account that evening or the following morning. You can apply for a Loan on any device through our online loan application form – it only takes three minutes. Alternatively, you can talk to one of our friendly team on 0800 255 155 who will be happy to guide you through the loan application process over the phone.
How Much Does a Funeral Cost in New Zealand?
According to Citizens Advice Bureau, the average funeral cost estimate can easily range between $8,000 and $10,000, with most of it having to be paid immediately. The list below shows just the basic necessities when paying for a funeral. Some of the costs you need to consider are:
- Funeral directors
- Funeral homes
- Flights & accommodation for family members
- Newspaper notices to inform friends of the deceased
- Burial expenses or cremation fees
- Casket or urn expenses
- Transporting the body, including hearse fees
- Venue fees for the church or funeral home services
- The celebrant’s or minister’s fee
- The organist’s (or other musician’s) fee
- Catering for the reception afterwards
- Presentations e.g. audio-visual gear for videos, slide shows or audio presentations
- Printing costs for service programmes
- Portrait of the deceased to be displayed during the service
- Thank you cards to send to attendees after the service
- Death certificate
It all adds up. Our online loan application process is simple and takes only 3 minutes to complete – you can even apply on your phone or tablet.
When Borrowing Money You Can Trust Loansmart
We’ve been in business for over 10 years and helped tens of thousands of Kiwi’s to date with our personal loans – you could say we’re experts in personal lending. We are low-cost personal loan lenders offering competitive interest rates, starting at just 8.95%*.
The majority of our customers actually come back for another loan when they need another round of financing like upgrading a car, doing a house extension, planning a holiday and more.
Over 25% of our lending is to existing clients. This is because our customers love what we do, and we love helping them. Still not convinced? Read our 100+ 5-star reviews!
Get your loan today
- Funeral expenses finance tailored to your needs
- Friendly, fast and efficient application and payment process, helping you when you don’t need any further stress
- Emergency Funeral Loans or top up an existing funeral fund
- Repayments to suit, fixed interest rates, and a dedicated loan account manager who understands what you’re going through
- Experienced funeral fund lender – Loansmart helps hundreds of families every year with funeral expenses
If you need to discuss your individual requirements or need help with the loan application process, give us call us on 0800 255 155.