Known for its spectacular landscapes and adventurous spirit, New Zealand is indeed a special destination for a special occasion like your wedding.
Whether you’re looking for an intimate ceremony or an exclusive function with a large circle of friends and family, there are many stunning settings to choose from. You can shout your love from the mountain tops or clink your glasses at one of the country’s finest vineyards – and then take off for the honeymoon of your dreams.
Add to this the country’s luxury lodges, gourmet food and exotic wines – and you have a match made in heaven.
When you plan your wedding in New Zealand, make sure you consider these Top 10 spots to get married.
- Tie the knot in the Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo, one of the world’s most idyllic churches – all you can see for miles is magnificent mountain scenery. The church was built in 1935 for the pioneer families of the Mackenzie district and is still used as a place of worship.
- Wellington and weddings are a match made in heaven. Make your vows on the stunning marae at Te Papa, New Zealand’s national museum. Or, choose the glorious Gothic-revival surroundings of Old St Paul’s in the historic suburb of Thorndon.
- Invite Mount Cook to be your witness – a heli wedding will take you to the top of the Tasman Glacier, where you can exchange your vows surrounded by stunning snow-capped peaks.
- Get married on a luxury catamaran – sail from bay to bay on romantic Lake Rotoiti in Rotorua or charter the Ipiriri and cruise the sparkly waters of the sub-tropical Bay of Islands.
- Toast your future at one of the picturesque vineyards in Hawke’s Bay or on Waiheke Island – sampling tasty local vintages is an experience in itself and gives your celebration a special flavour.
- Spoil yourselves and your guests with an exclusive wedding at one of New Zealand’s luxury lodges – with four course meals and matching wines served in some of the country’s most beautiful settings.
- Take pampering to the next level and say “I do” in a mud bath at Hell’s Gate in Rotorua – the geothermal wonders of New Zealand are a pleasure for body and soul, and create a unique backdrop for your ceremony.
- Rise to the occasion with a hot air balloon wedding – but don’t let the unfolding landscapes of the Canterbury plains or the rugged mountain ranges of Queenstown take your breath away.
- Celebrate your wedding at a world-class golf course such as Kauri Cliffs or Cape Kidnappers – walk on lush green grass, soak up the scenery and indulge in pure luxury.
- Mark the start of your lives as a married couple in the romantic Marlborough Sounds as you overlook ancient sunken river valleys, secluded bays and sandy beaches.
Of course if you need wedding finance to help make that special day just perfect, apply for a Loansmart wedding loan – apply online.