Are you moving
Around the corner or to a new city?
You might need some assistance with relocation costs, larger bond, new school uniforms etc, it all adds up.
Use the money to pay for:
- Moving truck
- Rent in advance
- New appliances
So if you’re going to be a bit stretched with your move coming up, we can ease the financial burden with a Loansmart Moving Loan – give us a call or complete our 5-minute application form online:
Moving House Loans Checklist
Use our moving house checklist to prepare for your upcoming move and assist with a hassle-free moving experience.
Have You Discontinued or Redirected These Services?
- Newspaper delivery
- Telephone/Internet lines
- Sky/Pay TV
- Gas and electricity
- Water (rural supply)
Notify Your Change of Address
- Post office for redirection of mail
- Your bank (to transfer your account)
- The electoral registrar
- Hire purchase company
- Your insurance company to transfer your household insurance/motor vehicles
- Your life insurance company
- Your health insurance company
- To obtain your children’s school records
- Local council for rates
- Stores – where you have charge accounts
- Relatives, friends and regular correspondents
- Club Memberships
- Publications to which you subscribe
- Has your doctor or dentist recommended someone in the location to which you are moving
- Your solicitors/accountants
- Your church
- Credit card companies
- Airline frequent flyer programmes
- Cleaners and gardeners
In Preparation for Move Day
- Ensure your move is confirmed with the moving company as soon as your dates are known
- Complete any transit insurance proposal and return it to the mover or insurance broker
- Spring clean – discard the things you no longer want, clean out expired medicines
- Dispose of inflammables or leave for new owners (i.e. paints, turps, kerosene, petrol)
- Arrange childcare for day(s) of moving (if applicable)
- Dismantle fragile kitset furniture
- Have BBQ/heater gas bottles professionally purged
- Arrange for a specialist to disconnect plasma TVs
Keep Important Documents Together & With You
- Travel Documents, i.e. airline tickets
- Travellers cheques
- Passport and visa/frequent flyer cards
- Vaccination records for pets
- Medical and travel insurance
- Driver’s licence
- Paperwork relating to your household goods removal
- Extra set of keys for the car
- Plan to be available on move day or have an authorised person available
Do You Need To …
- Have your car serviced?
- Collect dry cleaning?
- Return school or library books?
- Empty golf club lockers?
The Day Before
- Defrost freezers
- Empty rubbish bins
- Drain most fuel from mowers/petrol weed-eaters
- Thoroughly clean garden tools, mowers, golf clubs, outdoor furniture and bikes for quarantine inspections if moving overseas
- Empty vacuum cleaners (export shipments only)
- Identify items not to be packed and place in one area
- Ensure washing machine taps are turned off
- Identify the items for your “Priority Cartons” – those items you want first on delivery/or the items for temporary use if going via storage
- Arrange a simple breakfast for move day and empty the dishwasher!
- Water plants being moved (for nationwide moves only)