2nd Hand Car Finance
There are plenty of great cars out there so our car loan finance application process is easy and you can apply online right now in less than five minutes!
We’re 100% online and your loan application can be submitted via any device 24/7, PC, laptop, tablet or phone.
If your loan is approved, we’ll transfer funds the same business day to your account!
In no time at all you could be at the steering wheel of your new set of wheels.
Ask The Seller
- Is any money owed on the vehicle? (Don’t worry, we’ll do this for you)
- Has the vehicle had an independent vehicle inspection?
- Does the vehicle have a current warrant of fitness (WoF)?
- Has the odometer been tampered with?
- If it’s a diesel, are there any outstanding road user charges (RUC) payable?
- If it’s a diesel does the vehicle have a current RUC licence?
- Does the vehicle have a current licence?
- Is the vehicle recorded as stolen? (Don’t worry, we’ll do this for you)
- Do any airbags need to be replaced? (Check on the Rightcar website)
- 18 years or over
- NZ resident (citizen/permanent residency)
- Be earning, employment or self employed
How to Apply for a Vehicle Loan
- Check your eligibility above and complete our online application
- Provide any required documents such as payslips and identification following your application (we’ll be in touch)
- Accept the contract provided
- Typically within 24 hours of your contract acceptance, funds will be in your account
Do you do car loan finance through private sales?
Yes, we are able to finance vehicles bought privately, through Trademe, vehicle tender, auction or from a reputable vehicle dealer.
What if I have a poor credit rating or defaults?
We can normally assist if we know the circumstances, in most cases we can still help or we may require additional security. If you do not have the security required we may need to add a guarantor to the loan. The guarantor will be responsible for the loan if you do not pay.
Do you do car loan pre-approvals?
Most definitely, we thoroughly recommend getting pre-approved prior to purchasing your next vehicle. All pre-approvals last for 30 days giving you plenty of time to track down that bargain.
Who will see my application?
We treat your application confidentially and the only people who will see your application are Loansmart and any Finance Company that we send it to. All applications that do not proceed are securely destroyed.
Do you do no deposit vehicle finance?
We can often assist homeowners to get car loans with no deposit. If you do not own your own home but have an excellent credit rating we can normally get you an approval with a very low deposit. In some cases, we can get around the deposit requirements by using additional security such as another vehicle.
Are you a car dealer?
NO! we are an independent financial services company, we have no association or interest in any motor vehicle dealers.
Do I need vehicle insurance?
Yes, you need to have full insurance on the vehicle as it is security for the loan. We can help arrange this for you if required.
I can’t find the answer to my vehicle finance query?
Please call us on 0800 255 155.