Lots of Cars for Sale
Over 82,000 cars right now for sale, wow, a lot of cars alright.
When we exit out of COVID-19 lockdown will you be looking for a car to buy?
Did you know: Over 250,000 visitors look at vehicles on Trade Me each day. And when the lockdown is done and dusted, there will be a lot of people cashing up their cars.
So get ready to take advantage of people moving their cars on, sort your finance in advance, apply online for a car loan today and be cash ready to get a bargain.
Our online application form usually takes between 3 to 5 minutes to complete
What type of car meets your needs
Unsure what type of car you should buy? A good starting point is to think about your needs:
- What will you mainly use it for? Around town, long-distance travel or heading off the beaten track?
- Will it usually just be you in the car, or do you need to consider enough room for friends, family and/or pets too?
- Do you have specific needs such as a big boot for prams, luggage or work equipment? A tow bar for trailers or bikes? Roof racks?
Some other things to consider
- Body style: small manageable hatchback, roomy sedan, station wagon, or people moving van or SUV?
- Age and reliability: new, near new (still within manufacturer warranty) or used?
- Comfort features: heated seat warmers, leather seats or a reversing camera?
- Car safety features: high safety ratings, full airbags, or electronic stability control?
- Manual or automatic: do you spend time in traffic jams where an auto is essential, or do you prefer a good solid gear change?
- Preferred fuel type: petrol, diesel, electric or hybrid?
- Engine size and fuel consumption: is fuel efficiency important, or do you need something with a bit of grunt?
- One of the biggest considerations will be what you can afford and the ongoing costs to run it.
Make a ‘must have’ and a ‘nice to have’ list to help you narrow down your search. Cars listed on Trade Me show fuel and safety ratings and have an explanation of what each rating means.